Leverage best-practice identity governance (IGA) initiatives for your GDPR compliance approach. Identity management and access governance is core to protect sensitive data and efficiently maintain and document your compliance with regulatory legislation like the EU GDPR.
Ensuring and Maintaining GDPR Compliance
IT security and compliance teams must live up to significant demands of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Omada's identity management and access governance solution supports your GDPR compliance effort.
Minimize the Risk of Heavy Fines and Reputational Damage
The data protection regulation introduces both hefty fines for non-compliance, mandatory data breach notification requirements, and extended liability for data controllers - which means that companies that collects, manages, and stores personal data must ensure that adequate security controls, policies, and technologies are in place to ensure continuous compliance.
Identity and access governance helps you meet the GDPR requirements through full access control and overview of GDPR related data. Some of the top provisions in the regulation are:
- Increased documentation requirements
- Breach notification required to authorities within 72 hours of discovery, and to impacted users
- Privacy Impact Assessment requirements
- Privacy by Design and Privacy by Default requirements
- The appointment of a Data Protection Officer
- Increased fines
A proactive approach to data protection
Identity governance is an efficient tool to achieve compliance with the data security and access management aspects of the GDPR. Implementing processes for controlling, managing, and auditing access to data is an important prerequisite to reduce risk to your everyday business. Omada’s identity management and access governance solution provides core IAM / IGA capabilities built in as best-practice standards for access management and control, audit reporting through meeting the GDPR audit requirements, and efficient detection of security violations.
Core processes of Omada Identity include identity lifecycle management, managing user access to privacy data, processes for correct onboarding and off-boarding of new employees and contractors when they join and leave the organization, and access governance for monitoring and reviewing of user access rights to privacy data - enabling your organization to maintain continuous compliance as we help you meet the GDPR requirements.
Examples of IAM processes to support your EU GDPR compliance:
- Identify/ classify in-scope GDPR data processes and repositories, and assign data- /system-/process- owners
- Establish identity lifecycle management processes - including processes for managing user access to privacy data when onboarding and off-boarding new employees and contractors
- Establish access management processes – documented access request, access approval and access fulfillment processes
- Establish periodic review of user access rights to privacy data in order to ensure access is validated continuously
- Ensure continuous protection of privacy data through efficient role and policy management
- Establish workflows on taking new systems or data stores in to use to ensure timely GDPR classification of the systems
- Monitor user behavior and activity on processes, systems, and files containing GDPR data
- Enable automatic blocking of compromised accounts
- Provide detailed reports and analysis of identities and their effective access models, with highlights of potential risks within the organization - for audits and stakeholder reporting
- Implement processes that initiate automatic actions for notification flows and forensic analysis for fast off-boarding and blocking of compromised accounts based on identity and access data reports
HOW TO ACHIEVE GDPR ACCESS COMPLIANCE IN A FEW MONTHS
Organizations need an efficient and future-proof access governance solution, as solid access governance is a vital prerequisite for GDPR access compliance. Omada's GDPR compliance approach will get you up and running, leveraging a fast track to get in control of data and demonstrate compliance with easy-to-use, easy-to-manage dashboards.
Download Omada's GDPR Access Governance product sheet to learn how you can achieve GDPR Access Compliance.
8 Steps to Meeting the GDPR Compliance Requirements
With the start of the EU General Data Privacy Regulation in May 2018, we experience a great demand for clear instructions about how companies can meet the stringent compliance requirements of the GDPR. Many companies have realized the need and difficulty in meeting the increased data protection requirements, and not least the importance of implementing the technological foundation to support effective monitoring and continuous evaluation of data security.
Download Omada’s E-Book on EU GDPR
Enforcing the required security policies and getting the big picture of all personal data stored and processed throughout the organization is not a straightforward task. Omada has produced a guide that will take you through the necessary steps to become GDPR compliant.
EU GDPR Articles
Read more about Omada's approach to EU GDPR compliance